Sunday, November 23, 2008

Night of Awesome

I've been reading the blogs of our fellow expats for several months now, so when one of them decided to throw a get-together, I decided to join them. I am very glad that I did.

What I found was a group of intelligent, genuine, thoughtful, just awesome people, and we rambled on for ten hours. I looked up and it was 4:00am. I haven't had a night like that since college, that kind of night where you just click with a group of people and utterly lose track of time. It was magical.

Chubbo Chubbington (the third) says it with much more grace and style than I could ever manage, but last night reminded me of how good it is to feel comfortable and warm with a group of good friends, to while the clock away into the wee hours and just enjoy company and conversation. I've been doing without that for so long that I'd forgotten how wonderful it really is.

Home isn't about a building or a location, it's about the people in your life. I've got my family, and now I have close friends. I'd like to think that the Night of Awesome is the start of something special, perhaps a new home for all of us to build together. I hope so.

5 comments:

danielle November 24, 2008 at 10:08 AM  

I love the Night of Awesome! What a perfectly apt title. And I'd say that you are not lacking in the words department- at all.
It was so nice to lose track of time so completely. I'm pretty sure our next get together should be Christmas themed. How do you feel about that?

Roboseyo November 24, 2008 at 1:47 PM  

Thanks for coming out.

Garrett November 24, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

"How do you feel about that?" I am totally down with that. Sooner the better says I.

daeguowl November 26, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

Since we barely talked all night, I can't incliude myself among the intelligentsia that you describe. Let's change that next time...

Paul

daeguowl November 28, 2008 at 3:34 PM  

I have two kids myself....Alex who will be 6 just before Xmas and Emily who just turned 4 on Monday...a party at yours sounds like fun, perhaps a potluck supper?

  © Blogger template Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP