Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Most Awesome Bed in History

Look at this:

It's called an Uroko House, and I think it's the most awesome piece of furniture I have ever seen. A warm, soft cocoon of books. With a few modifications, I think it would be perfect for Emily.

The wife thinks I'm nuts, she says that the kid would never go to sleep, that she'd spend all night reading.. but she does that already. Of course she can't read yet, but she loves looking through her books and pretending. On any given morning we'll enter her room to find about two dozen books strewn across the floor and her bed. Honestly, is it possible to read too much? Little secret: I will be sorely disappointed if I don't catch her reading under her blanket with a flashlight in a few years.

I first found this a few months ago, and I'll bet she thinks I've forgotten about it. I may not have my workshop anymore, but custom furniture is pretty cheap in Korea.. *shifty eyes*

2 comments:

danielle December 6, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

Holy crap! I want that bed!!! Please, Emily won't even be able to appreciate that piece of sheer brilliance for a few more years. Why not have one built and give it to me and the husband as a wedding gift??

JIW December 7, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

I want one...where do I sign up! Reminds of this installation artist. She made this portable homes...

anyways..

  © Blogger template Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP